Brown Women's Water Polo Ranked #20 in Preseason Poll
Jan. 26, 2007
The 2007 Preseason National Top 20 Water Polo Poll was released on Wednesday, and the Brown women's water polo team will begin the season ranked No. 20 in the country. This marks the first time since 2004, and first time since Head Coach Jason Gall took over the program in 2005, that the Bears have been nationally ranked.
The Bears received six points to tie with Indiana for the 20th ranking. Brown was the only team that was unranked last season to make the Top 20. The team finished last season with a 15-18 record overall, taking third place at the Northern Championships and sixth place at the Eastern Championships.
Brown will face no fewer than eight ranked teams, with match-ups against No. 6 San Diego State, No. 8 UC-Irvine, No. 13 Michigan, No. 13 Loyola Marymount, No. 15 UC-San Diego, No. 16 Long Beach State and CWPA rival No. 12 Hartwick already on the schedule. Possible match-ups with No. 18 Princeton also loom at the ECAC and Eastern Championships.
The Bears' season will start the weekend of Feb. 10 and 11, when the team hosts the Ivy Tournament and also squares off with Wagner and Villanova.
Top 20 National Poll
1. University of Southern California
2. University of California, Los Angeles
3. Stanford University
4. University of California, Berkeley
5. University of Hawaii
6. San Diego State University
7. Arizona State University
8. University of California, Irvine
9. University of California, Davis
10. University of California, Santa Barbara
11. San Jose State University
12. Hartwick College
13. Loyola Marymount University
13. University of Michigan
15. University of California, San Diego
16. Long Beach State University
17. Santa Clara University
18. Princeton University
19. California State University, Northridge
20. Brown University
20. Indiana University