Oct. 27, 2006
Bronx, NY -
The Ivy League Heptagonal Championship Meet took place this weekend at Van Cortlandt Park in New York City. The Bears faced stiff competition from the rest of the Ivy League, and finished seventh overall with a score of 162 points. Princeton took top honors with 42 points.
Freshman Jenna Ridgway (Santa Barbara, CA) placed first for the Bears and 20th overall, completing the 5-kilometer course in an 18:11 effort. Classmate Ariel Wright (Oakland, CA) made her Brown cross country debut after spending much of the fall battling injury. Wright placed second for Brown, 28th overall with a time of 18:23.
Sophomore Lindsay Kahn (Port Jefferson, NY) placed third for Brown with a personal best time of 18:32, good for 34th place. Nora Sullivan '07.5 (Cambridge, MA) followed in 39th, completing the course in 18:41. Senior Naja Ferjan (Ljubljana, Slovenia) filled the remaining scoring position for Brown, placing 41st and crossing the finish line in 18:44.
Although the Heptagonal Championships have now passed, the Bears have not seen the last of their Ivy League competitors. Brown still has the NCAA Northeast Regional Meet on November 11 to look forward to. This meet will also be held at Van Cortlandt Park.
1. Princeton 42
2. Columbia 64
3. Cornell 68
4. Yale 95
5. Penn 129
6. Dartmouth 153
7. Brown 162
8. Harvard 237
1. Lindsay Donaldson, Yale, 17:05.4
2. Toni-Lynn Salucci, Cornell, 17:14.9
3. Nyyam Kagwima, Cornell, 17:31.5
20. Jenna Ridgway, Brown, 18:11.4
28. Ariel Wright, Brown, 18:23.9
34. Lindsay Kahn, Brown, 18:32.5
39. Nora Sullivan, Brown, 18:41.6
41. Naja Ferjan, Brown, 18:44.3
59. Brooke Giuffre, Brown, 19:02.1
67. Becky Crossin, Brown, 19:15.6
68. Alex Brown, Brown, 19:18.8
79. Madeleine Marecki, Brown, 20:09.8
83. Emily Bourdeau, Brown, 20:42.6