Providence, Rhode Island –The Brown women’s squash
team, ranked 10th nationally, returned to action for second
semester action and dropped a 9-0 decision to the 5th-ranked
Cornell Big Red at the Kate Brodsky Squash Pavilion at the
Pizzitola Sports Center.
The Bears put up a strong fight at number nine, with junior Carolyn Tilney battling Cornell in five games before falling 11-6 in the fifth. At first singles, senior Laura Pyne and Cornell’s Jaime Laird were close throughout, before Pyne fell 11-9, 11-8, 11-9.
Brown is back in action again at home on Tuesday, January 19th, hosting Amherst at 3:00 p.m.
Cornell 9, Brown 0 - January 17, 2010
1. Jaime Laird (C) def. Laura Pyne, 11-9,11-8,11-9
2. Jennifer Gemmell (C) def. Sarah Crosky, 11-5,11-4,11-9
3. Shivangi Paranjpe (C) def. Nikoo Fadaifard, 11-2,11-3,11-4
4. Rebecca Hazell (C) def. Sophie Scherl, 11-2,11-4,9-11,11-6
5. Kiza Strokes (C) def. Kali Schellenberg, 11-2,11-7,11-5
6. Lauren Sachvie (C) def. Lydia Smith, 11-4,11-7,11-9
7. Rachel Wagner (C) def. Erika Kohnen, 11-8,11-9,11-5
8. Clare Berner (C) def. Sarah Beresford, 11-2,11-3,11-6
9. Alexandra Glassman (C) def. Carolyn Tilney, 7-11,11-9,9-11,12-10,11-6