Brown Men Compete at Pre- NCAA Meet
Oct. 14, 2006
Terre Haute, IN -
The men's cross country team competed in the NCAA Pre-Nationals Meet today at the LaVern Gibson Course. The race was hosted by Indiana State University and consisted of three separate heats. The Bears competed in the "Blue" heat where they placed 22nd in a field of 36 teams with a score of 609 points. Fellow Ivy, Dartmouth also competed in the Blue race, and placed 15th with 516 points.
Junior Ozzie Myers placed first for Brown and 89th overall by completing the 8 km course in 24:48. The following three Brown finishers crossed the line within four seconds of each other. Seniors Chris Burke (Ann Arbor, MI) and Nick Neely (Portola Valley, CA) placed 118th (24:58) and 125th (25:00), respectively, while junior Ari Zamir (Ridgewood, NJ) placed 127th in 25:01. Freshman Christian Escareno (Mount Prospect, IL) filled the remaining scoring position for the Bears, placing 150th overall.
Brown will be competing next at the Heptagonal Championship Meet on Friday, October 27, at Van Cortlandt Park in New York.
1. Martin Fagan, Providence, 23:30.3
2. Robert Cheseret, Arizona, 23:36.2
3. Robert Curtis, Villanova, 23:43.6
89. Ozzie Myers, Brown, 24:48.4
118. Chris Burke, Brown, 24:58.2
125. Nick Neely, Brown, 25:00.4
127. Ari Zamir, Brown, 25:01.6
150. Christian Escareno, Brown, 25:13.0
203. Neil Hamel, Brown, 25:44.2
Full Individual Results
Full Team Results