Sept. 8, 2006
Boston, MA - The men's cross country team competed in their first meet of the season this afternoon at the Boston University Invitational, held at Franklin Park. The Bears displayed their depth by sweeping the competition and earning a perfect score of fifteen without many of their top runners competing. Brown beat both Boston University and Northeastern to earn the top spot.
Freshman Christian Escareno (Mount Prospect, IL), junior Ryan Graddy (Del Mar, CA), and sophomore Stephen Chaloner (Merrimack, NH) all finished with the time 26:15 to earn the first three places. Sophomore Brian Schmidt (West Hempstead, NY) and senior Eamon Quick (Phoenix, AZ) also scored for the team with fourth and fifth place performances.
The Bears will compete again next at the Quinnipiac Invitational on Friday, September 22.
1. Brown 15
2. Boston University 47
3. Northeastern 71
1. Christian Escareno, Brown, 26:15
2. Ryan Graddy, Brown, 26:15
3. Stephen Chaloner, Brown, 26:15
4. Brian Schmidt, Brown, 26:29
5. Eamon Quick, Brown, 26:30
9. John Loeser, Brown, 26:43
12. Colin Brett, Brown, 27:12
13. Scott Cary, Brown, 27:14
14. Jacob Nettleton, Brown, 27:24
15. Alex Enscoe, Brown, 27:42
23. Aaron Isham, Brown, 29:25