Men's Tennis Falls to Princeton, 4-3Providence, RI - Princeton captured four of six singles matches to earn a 4-3 men's tennis victory over Brown. The Bears are now 8-7 overall and 0-1 in the Ivy League.
Freshman Jamie Cerretani earned a 6-4, 6-2 victory at third singles for the Bears, while sophomore Chris Drake came away with a 6-0, 6-2 singles victory at number four.
In doubles play, junior Nick Malone and Cerretani teamed for an 8-4 win at number one, followed by senior Chris Wolfe and Drake winning, 8-6, at number two, and freshmen Ben Brier and Kris Goddard earning an 8-6 victory at number three.
1. Kyle Kliegerman (P) def. Chris Wolfe (B), 7-6 (7), 6-2
2. Judson Williams (P) def. Nick Malone (B), 6-4, 7-5
3. Jamie Cerretani (B) def. Trevor Smith (P), 6-4, 6-2
4. Chris Drake (B) def. John Portlock (P), 6-0, 6-2
5. Tim Kofol (P) def. Ben Brier (B), 4-6, 6-3, 6-4
6. Dan Friedman (P) def. Kris Goddard (B), 6-1, 7-6 (4)
1. Malone and Cerretani (B) def. Kliegerman and Portlock (P), 8-4
2. Wolfe and Drake (B) def. Williams and Friedman (P), 8-6
3. Brier and Goddard (B) def. Smith and Kofol, 8-6