Men's Tennis Stays Unbeaten In Ivy Play With 5-2 Win Over Dartmouth
April 15, 2003
Providence, RI - The Brown men's tennis team remained undefeated in Ivy League play with a 5-2 victory over Dartmouth at Brown's outdoor tennis courts. The defending Ivy champion Bears are now 18-3 overall and 4-0 in the Ivy League.
Brown captured the doubles point for the 20th time this season and won four of six singles matches. Headlining the Bears effort was junior Jamie Cerretani (Reading, MA), who captured a 6-1, 6-1 win at number one. Cerretani extended his overall singles record to 24-10 this season.
Also winning for the Bears were sophomore Nick Goldberg (Albuquerque, NM), 6-2, 6-2, at number three, freshman Zachary Pasanen (N. Andover, MA), 6-2, 4-6, 6-3 at number four, and junior Ben Brier (Reading, MA), 6-1, 6-0 at number five.
The Bears will be on the road this weekend, April 18 and 19, against Columbia and Cornell.
Doubles 1. Jamie Cerretani and Chris Drake (B) def. N. Bobba and D. Dinkmeyer (D), 8-0
2. Kris Goddard and Zackary Pasanen (B) def. J. Paer and B. Kereshi (D), 8-
3. Ben Brier and Phil Charm (B) def. P. Sahv and D. Webb (D), 8-6
Singles 1. Jamie Cerretani (B) def. Neal Bobba (D), 6-1, 6-1
2. Dave Webb (D) def. Chris Drake (B), 6-2, 7-6
3. Nick Goldberg (B) def. Drew Dinkmeyer (D), 6-2, 6-2
4. Zachary Pasanen (B) def. Barko Kereshi (D), 6-2, 4-6, 6-3
5. Ben Brier (B) def. Jesse Paer (D), 6-1, 6-0
6. Priya Sahv (D) def. Phil Charm (B), 7-6, 2-6, 1-0 (8)