PROVIDENCE, R.I. – The Brown men's tennis squad suffered its fifth consecutive Ivy League defeat in a 4-2 loss to the Harvard Crimson on Saturday at the Varsity Tennis Courts. The Bears drop to 10-11 overall and 0-5 in league play while the Crimson improve to 15-6 and 4-1 in league play this season.
Jacob Laser and Justin To scored Brown's lone double victory, as they tamed Nicky Hu and Brian Yueng, 8-5. Despite the win, Brown dropped the No.1 and No. 3 doubles matches, ultimately surrendering a crucial point.
Brown will return to action on Sunday with a road match against Dartmouth at 1 p.m.
1. MacMaster/Nguyen (H) def. Garcia/Hirschberg (B), 8-6
2. Laser/To (B) def. Hu/Yeung (H), 8-5
3. Schultz/Beltrame (H) def. Burke/Spector (B), 8-4
1. Denis Nguyen (H) def. Justin To (B), 6-4, 6-1
2. Gregory Garcia (B) def. Sebastian Beltrame (H), 6-3, 6-4
3. William Spector (B) def. Shaun Chaudhuri (H), 6-4, 6-2
4. Alex Steinroeder (H) def. Daniel Hirschberg (B), 6-3, 6-1
5. Brian Yeung (H) def. Ivan Kravtchenko (B), 6-2, 6-3
6. Nicky Hu (H) vs. Sam Fife (B), 5-7, 6-4, 1-0 (DNF)