Providence, Rhode Island - The 13th ranked Brown men’s
squash team battles 6th- ranked Cornell at the Kate Brodsky Squash
Pavilion before the Bears fell to the Big Red by a 7-2 margin.
Brown had some solid victories at the top of the ladder, with Sophomore Brad Thompson taking a three game match at number two. Junior Ben Clayman had a dogfight at number three, outlasting his Cornell in a five game marathon, winning the final game by a 12-10 margin.
The Bears will take on Amherst at home on Tuesday, January 19th, starting at 1:00 p.m.
Cornell 7, Brown 2 – January 17, 2010
1. Domenick,Alex (C) def. Leanza,Adrian 11-4,11-7,11-8
2. Thompson,Brad (B) Spettigue,Thomas 11-7,11-7,11-8
3. Clayman,Benjamin (B) def. Wagner,Charlie 8-11,11-1,11-5,4-11,12-10
4. Sachvie,Christopher (C) def. Davis,Patrick 12-10,11-6,11-9
5. Gupta,Arjun (C) def. Connor,Eamon 11-4,11-6,11-9
6. Jalan,Rishi (C) def. Greenberg,Adam 11-4,11-6,11-9
7. Gupta,Amar (C) def. Holter,Christopher 11-8,9-11,11-9,11-3
8. Claghorn,W.McKay (C) Heitzmann,Alex 11-9,11-8,11-6
9. Butler,Owen (C) def. Bryan,William 11-6,7-11,11-2,11-7