Gavin Crynes Earns Spring Academic All-Ivy Recognition
Providence, RI - The Ivy League released its spring list of Academic All-Ivy honorees, with 10 Brown student-athletes being recognized. The five males and five females were starters or key reserves on their respective varsity teams and carry a 3.0 or better cumulative grade point average.
Senior Gavin Crynes – Men's Crew
-Rowed in varsity eight boat all season and helped lead crew to an undefeated regular season and a fifth-place finish at the IRA National Championships.
Junior Pete Greskoff – Baseball
- First Team All-Ivy after leading league in home runs, RBI and total bases; Set a new Brown single-season record with 17 home runs.
Senior Duriel Hardy – Track & Field
- NCAA Qualifier in the 10,000m run; Second Team All-Ivy in both the 5,000 and 10,000.
Junior Craig Kinsley – Track & Field
Concentration: Geological Sciences
-NCAA Champion in javelin & All-American; Northeast Region Field Athlete of the Year; First Team All-Ivy in javelin.
Senior Reade Seligmann – Lacrosse
- First Team All-Ivy and All-New England midfielder; Ranked third in the Ivy League and 21st nationally in assists.
Senior Kristie Chin – Softball
Concentration: Architectural Studies
- Second Team All-Ivy; CoSIDA ESPN The Magazine Second Team All-District; Combined for a 14-5 record with a 2.14 ERA to rank third in the Ivy League.
Junior Lauren Libfraind – Crew
- Rowed in the varsity eight boat and helped Bears to a fifth-place team finish at the NCAA Championship; Named to the All-Region team and was a CRCA Scholar-Athlete.
Senior Lauren Presant – Water Polo
Concentration: Human Biology
- First Team All-East; First Team All-North; Scored a team-high 86 goals and dished out 34 assists; Helped Brown to ECAC Championship.
Junior Brynn Smith – Track & Field
Concentration: Public Policy & American Inst.
- NCAA Qualifier in hammer throw; First Team All-Ivy in hammer throw.
Junior Paris Waterman
Concentration: Commerce, Organization & Entrepreneurship
- First Team All-Ivy; First Team IWLCA North Region.