PROVIDENCE, R.I. – Due to rain in the forecast on Sunday, the Brown baseball team's weekend series against Columbia has been moved up one day, as the two teams will now play a single game on Friday (3 PM) and a doubleheader on Saturday (11:30 AM) at Attanasio Family Field at Murray Stadium.
Ivy League Network: Friday
- Brown is 3-6 in the Ivy League after going 1-2 against Princeton last weekend, including a 12-0 victory in the series finale.
- Cameron Deere posted three multiple-hit games against Princeton as he hit .500 in the series, adding five RBIs, four runs and a home run. He posted at least two hits in all three games and saved his best game for last, going 2-for-4 with a grand slam on on Sunday.
- Brown most recently fell to Rhode Island, 11-5, in midweek action on Tuesday. Garett Delano and Rich Ciufo both hit home runs in the loss.
- Calvin Farris heads into the weekend with a 15-game reached-base streak and is hitting .317 overall this season.
- Columbia is 9-21 overall and 5-4 in the Ivy League, but dropped two of three at Dartmouth last weekend. The Lions most recently fell to Monmouth in midweek play on Wednesday.
- Brown dropped a pair of home games to Columbia last season, falling 3-1 and 9-5.
- Joe Engel leads the team with a .353 batting average, while Liam McGill (.331) and Randell Kanemaru (.321) are also hitting over .300.
- Chandler Bengtson is the reigning Ivy League Player of the Week after he posted 1.863 OPS with six runs, three homers and nine RBI against St. John's and Dartmouth last weekend.
After the Columbia series, Brown will hit the road for seven straight games, starting next weekend with a three-game set at Harvard.