6th ANNUAL DAVE ZUCCONI '55 5K RUN / 3K WALK
Dave Zucconi '55, the man known to many as "Mr. Brown", was an
influential Brown alumnus, a respected administrator, and an
extraordinary fundraiser who dedicated his life to improving the
University for more than fouty-four years. Dave lost his battle
with cancer in January of 2003. The Student Athlete Advisory
Committee (SAAC) is hosting the 6th Annual Dave Zucconi Memorial 5K
Run / 3K Walk on Saturday May 3, 2008 at Brown Stadium on
Providence's East Side. Proceeds from this event will be donated to
the Ronald McDonald House of
Saturday, May 3, 2008
Brown Studium on Elmgrove Avenue, Providence, RI
A measured 3.1 mile course winds through the campus of Brown University and loops through the scenic East Side neighborhood of Providence
Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
Brown Univerity Athletics
Providence, RI 02912
ATTN: Sarah Fraser
$10 pre-registration for current Brown students, H.S. students or youth, $15 pre-registration for all others, $20 flat fee race day registration. All proceeds support the Ronald McDonald House of Providence.
Anyone who pre-registers by April 30, 2008 will be guaranteed a t-shirt.
Prizes will be awarded to the top female and male finishers in specific age brackets!
Schedule of Events:
8:00am - Registration/Check-In Starts
9:00am - Kids Races Start - 200-800 meters - awards for 6 & under, 7-8, 9-10, 11-12, and 13-14
9:30am - 5K Run Starts - awards for 14 & under, 15-17, 18-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, etc.
9:30am - 3K Walk Starts
10:15am - Awards Ceremony
• A bus will transport participants to Brown Stadium from 8:00-9:30am, departing from Wayland Arch and the OMAC. The bus will return participants to campus from 10-11:00am.
- Refreshments and food will be available before and after the race.
- If you are unable to make the race, you are encouraged to donate to the Ronald McDonald House of Providence.
For more information, contact Justine Lupo or Bob Rothenberg at (401) 294-9946.
1. The race starts and finishes across the street from the Brown Football Stadium on Elmgrove Avenue.
2. Follow Elmgrove Avenue north to Blackstone Blvd.
3. Turn right on Blackstone Boulevard and proceed approximately one mile to Upton Street.
4. Turn right on Upton Street and proceed two blocks to Cole Avenue.
5. Turn right on Cole and proceed approximately one mile to Elmgrove Avenue.
6. Turn left on Elmgrove and return to the finish.